Thank you to my blogging buddy Heidi for nominating me for this One Lovely Blog Award!! Check out her blog that is loaded with ideas for therapy, especially for children with social language challenges. You can find her blog Smartmouth here.
The rules for accepting the award are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself. (See below for some fun facts about me!)
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs (usually on their about page or contact directly if necessary) to let them know. (Fun, I love to pay it forward!)
7 facts about me:
1. I am mom to three teenaged boys who keep me busy on the sidelines of their sporting events and in the kitchen, keeping them fed! Here they are (plus a nephew) having fun making some pizzas in Sorrento, Italy last summer.
2. I love the beach! I’m lucky enough to live miles away from the water and only 30 minutes away from some of my favorite Rhode Island beaches. My favorite time of day to be there is 5-8pm.
3. I love to cook. I have been watching cooking shows since I was a child. At that time, Julia Child was the only option but I didn’t mind. This is one of my latest creations, shrimp ceviche which will definitely be a staple this summer!
4. Usually if one loves to cook, eating is also a love. I try to eat clean and love trying new things. Seafood is always a safe option for knowing what you’re getting when dining out. Of course, I nice glass of wine paired with this would be perfect!
5. I’m a bookworm. I always have a book or my kindle with me. There are so many benefits of the kindle but I still love to hold a book or have one around. I’m addicted to Goodreads and love talking about books with the members of my online book clubs. If you are interested to check out what I’m reading, have read and plan on reading you can go to my Goodreads account here.
6. I love games; I love almost all games. I love old fashioned board games, word games on my phone, card games, trivia and so on. I will try any game just about once. Most holidays are spent playing some type of game or two. We are all a bit competitive so it makes for some interesting times!
7. I have become a fitness band addict! I have a fitbit and a misfit shine. I love the ease of knowing my steps with the fitbit but I don’t like that it has to be charged. I love that the misfit shine is waterproof and stylish, but don’t like that it is extremely temperamental when it comes to syncing. Today, I noticed that I’ve misplaced the charger for my fitbit so I’m having one sent overnight because I hate the thought of being without it!
I noticed Heidi and I have similar tastes in bloggers, so please refer to her sight to see some of my favorite bloggers who she’s already recommended. Here are some other bloggers who I think are worthy of a recommendation! Since this is all new to me and I don’t want any duplicates, I may be a little shy of 15 nominations.
1. Beautiful Speech– Kristin is a teacher, SLP Assistant and working on getting her Master’s in Speech Pathology. Check out her site for great ideas and app reviews.
2. The Modern SLP – Christy is a stylish SLP with great ideas! I especially love her blog about tiny pieces.
3. Reading Books with Ellie Ellie, a fellow Goodreads friend is working on her doctorate, getting back into the classroom with two little ones at home. I don’t know how she finds the time! Check out her site for her latest book reviews.
4. Speech to the Core – I love how Lindsey has guest bloggers posting about what a day is like in their speech room!
5. Middle School Speech and Language– Gabriella has lots of great information for those older students who can sometimes be a challenge (for me anyway).
6. The Speech Owl– Lots of energy and ideas coming from Elizabeth at the Speech Owl.
7. TLC Talk Shop– Another spot to with lots of useful therapy ideas from Tami.
8. Yo Amo Speech – Noralyssia, who is a bilingual speech therapy assistant has a cute page set up with great ideas.
9. My Speech Party – Keri has lots of great information targeted for children.
10. Smartmouth– I am so fortunate that I have met Heidi on this blogging journey. We have some similarities in our backgrounds (mom to boys, years worked) and she has been a strong supporter of mine since I started. I’m truly grateful for that. Thank you Heidi.
Now it’s your turn to go and make someone’s day, like Heidi made mine! Go and nominate a fantastic blogger!